Monday, March 11, 2013

Genesis 1:1 -- For HIS Glory

So, yesterday I left off with a question, why?  Why did God create the heavens and the earth?  I'm going to take this question one step further and ask why did God create all things?  The simple answer is that all of creation is here to glorify God.  Everything created is to glorify God.  God is all about bringing glory to himself.  He is God and he is worthy of all glory, honor and praise.

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

The heavens testify to God's glory!  I know I have looked up at the sky many days and thought, "My God, this is a beautiful sunset (or sunrise)." or "The clouds are so beautiful!"  Those scenes then inspire me to thank God for all he has created and for allowing me to see his beautiful work.  How much more beautiful will the earth be when it is made new!


Revelation 4:9 Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.”


Our God is worthy of all glory, honor and power simply because he created all things!  He did not have to do anything else for us.  He created us, and as our creator he is worthy of our praise.

Isaiah 43:6
I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth—
7 everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made.”

I am only going to focus on verse 7, but included verse six simply so I could have the whole sentence.  Here we see God say he created man for his glory.  We are here to glorify Him.  In all we do, say, think, etc., we are to bring him glory.

1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

So, today as I go about my daily rituals in caring for my family, I will endeavor to do it all for the glory of God.  Everything I have is by the grace of God.  Even though there are some days I wish I could just hid and stay under the covers all day and not deal with anything, I still need to be thankful for what God has given, even if I do not know how it will turn out or even if I do not personally enjoy what is happening.  I need to remember that the dirty clothes are a blessing. I have them because I have a family and we have cloths we can wear.  I need to be thankful for the dirty dishes because I know we have food to eat.  I am thankful for poopy diapers because I know my daughter's body is functioning properly.  There are many things I do not enjoy about this life (like laundry, dishes, diapers... etc) but I know they are there as a result of a blessing from God.   If I had no laundry, I'd be naked and cold.  If I had do dishes to clean, I'd be hungry.  If I had no poops to change, I'd have no children.





No comments:

Post a Comment